Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Children's Books Flashback

Although the pictures are old-fashioned and drawn in black and white, I like the ones from Invitation, Alice in Wonderland, and Through the Looking-Glass because they're very detailed and I like the idea that they're sketched. I don't remember reading some of these books when I was little, but I remember watching movies about them like Alice in Wonderland or Madeline. As for Good Night Moon, the first time I read it was actually two weekends ago when I was babysitting for a family. I've never read The Story of Ferdinand, but it has been alluded to in some of the stories I've read or shows that I've watched. When I was little I can remember playing 'school' with my sister while reading her books from Little Golden Books and Harold and the Purple Crayon. Of course my childhood was filled with Dr. Seuss's simple and almost colorless drawings and rhymes. From the 1960's section of the time line and forward I recognized several of the book titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment